Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Card #7 The Bat Witch


The Bat Witch reveals that intuition should be your lodestar. Being a skilled navigator of the skies, her super sensitive radar alerts her when she is vulnerable to night prey. It is no coincidence that at dusk bats fly from their perches in trees to satisfy their desire for food, while at the same moment, human couples begin to cling together to satisfy their need for love”.

When I hear ‘Bat Witch’ I half expect to hear crazy follow it but then that is just my bent sense of humour coming into play. Bats are mysterious creatures; they also represent insight and intuition. Bats are messengers and bring messages from the subconscious or otherworld. This ties into The Eye of Newt Witch because both represent – to me – the pursuit of the spiritual. I also think the night reference is because I tried my Witches Flying Oil for the first time the other night. I don’t remember much because I was incredibly tired, but this oil is for flight – to explore the otherworld and subconscious. Dusk is my favourite time of day, that time between day and night when it is not quite one or the other; this time pulls me the most. The need for love? That may be something to look at later; I don’t have time for it even if I could get it – which is maybe the point.



Nautilus Princess

I am being asked by the Universe to step up into a more ‘senior’ role or a role that requires more of me and this is may be a concern, as I could wonder whether or not becoming more powerful will still keep me a good person. The pearls in the image signify that I must work from a pure place, from a natural place and treat this quest as a sacred task. This card tells me that I will grow in ways that are perfectly proportioned and this is a natural result for me – to grow and grow over time. This is a time of spiritual and emotional transformation which could come to me via any number of new avenues. There will be responsibility and rapid growth, dignity, truth and wisdom are my best guides. It is now time for me to take myself and my potential seriously.

Well isn’t this interesting? I would say that I understand the quest for power but I don’t believe it would change me, I am a good person and I know my limitations and what is right and wrong. A spiritual transformation sounds interesting; it ties it to the bat I suppose. I never really think about my potential, I go along, I do and I continue on in life but perhaps that is not good enough anymore, perhaps there is a need to work, to be my best, powerful, good and natural self. What an ask! To know that I will grow from these pursuits is welcome and makes me feel happy about the road ahead. I do think that there is much for me to learn, especially in things that I have been particularly lazy but I will try to be the best I can be spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.

I wonder what position the Universe is hinting at. It’ll be interesting to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, don't use flying oil when you are tired, you will just fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete