Sunday, 27 May 2012

Pagan Meme #2

From The Domestic Pagan

B A S I C S

Do you have a magical/Pagan name? Yes (although not one I’m going to post here).
What does it mean?  It relates to the energies of an Egyptian Goddess and the energies of a particular moon phase I feel affinity for.
How did you find Paganism? By watching ‘The Craft’ but also from a lifelong love of Fairytales and Enid Blyton books that I grew up on from a young age.
How long have you been practicing? On and off 15 years or so.
Solitary or group practitioner? Solitary (by location not necessarily choice).
What is your path? Hmm, wild witch, herbalist, diviner so I would say the green/hedge path with my own twist.
Are you out of the broom closet? Out.


D E I T Y

Who is your patron God? n/a
Who is your patron Goddess? I am thinking of forming a relationship with the Cailleach as I have had experience with her and it was life changing.
What Gods do you worship? None.
Do you fear darkly aspected Gods/Goddess, or rather respect them? Not at all, I feel pulled toward the darker deities.
Do you worship the Christian God? Uh no.
Do you ever worship animals? No.
Or plants? Sometimes.


N A T U R E

Do you regularly commune with nature? Yes.
Ever walked barefoot in the woods? No woods near where I live.
Taken a camping trip just to talk to nature?  I really hate camping.
Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth? Always do but mostly when I connect with my Oak.
Do you have a familiar? Not yet, we’ll see how it goes with my new kitten Mojo.
Have you ever called upon the powers of an animal in ritual? No.
Or a plant? No.
Do you hug trees? On occasion.
Give them gifts? On occasion.
What is your favourite flower to work with? Lavender, sometimes Rose.
What is your favourite tree to work with? Oak.


W H E E L . O F . T H E . Y E A R

What is your favourite holiday? Mabon.
What is your least favourite holiday? Litha.
Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday? No.
Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a Pagan holiday? No.
Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25? Southern Hem so no.
Have you ever felt the veil thin? Once or twice.
Ever danced the Maypole? No.
Know what the Maypole symbolizes? Yes.
How do you usually celebrate the Pagan holidays? By cooking dinner for my family.


D I V I N A T I O N

Do you use Tarot? Yes, it is my favourite form (as well as Oracle cards).
Do you use runes?  Gads no, we do not work well together.
Do you use a pendulum? Yes, I like pendulum.
Do you use dowsing rods? No.
Do you use astrology? No.
Any other form of divination? Tasseography on occasion.


S P E L L S

What was the first spell you did? Truthfully, I don’t remember, think it was prosperity.
What was the latest? Healing.
Ever done a love spell? Once.
A job spell? No.
A healing spell? Yes.
What was the most powerful spell you’ve ever performed? Hmm, may have to think on that, twas a power spell if memory serves.
What deities do you usually call on? None.


C R Y P T O Z O O L O G Y

Do you believe in Vampires? Only if they’re not the Twilight kind.
Werewolves? I do, I like the Underworld version of ‘em.
Shapeshifters? Yes.
Elves? Yes.
Faeries? Yes – the Brian Froud kind
Dragons? Abso-friggin-lutely.
Nymphs? Why not?
Sprites? Why not?
Mermaids? I always did love The Little Mermaid growing up.
Satyrs? Hmm, maybe.
Ever “seen” any of the above? I have seen astral dragons before, maybe Fae.
Ever talked to any of the above? Not so far no.
Ever used any of the above in magic?  No.
Do you have one of them as a personal guardian? Haven’t tried to find out.


R A N D O M

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon? None of those, I see craters.
Own a cat? Two of.
When you meditate, what does your happy place look like? A forest cottage.
Do you work with Chakras? Not really.
Do you believe in past lives? Yes, studying it actually.
If so, describe a few briefly – haven’t got that far yet.
Do you believe in soul mates? I believe in mates for the soul but not necessarily the grand romantic “soul mate” ideal.
Do you have a spirit guide? Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment