The Year in Review

I wasn’t going to do a blog post on this because quite frankly, 2012 was a crap year for me. There were more low points than highlights, things did not go my way at all and at the end of it, I feel broke down and drained. So here’s hoping 2013 will be better.

2012 started with Koffie passing, followed by my mother ending up in hospital several times with mysterious stomach pain (she eventually got her appendix out but that was not actually the real cause), there was a couple of issues early on with family. Conan passed in May devastating my whole family even more, which literally broke me, losing Koffie was hard enough, Conan so soon after was shattering. We got Mojo, that was a definite highlight for sure, soon after that Mum had to have surgery, Bella got a major abscess on her neck from a feral cat (this was her last foray into the great outdoors, she is no longer a cat that goes outside), Mojo’s desexing surgery cut got infected, I ended up broke more often than not despite my best efforts to save, I ended up with two really bad flus throughout the year and to top it off, things got stolen out of our yard last week.

Positively, I got Mojo, I passed my Clergy and was initiated into the Inner Circle of the Council of Elders and got my Herbalism certification but somehow the bad outweighs the good. Not that I am not proud of what I achieved.

Such fun. I actually think I am suffering from some sort of chronic fatigue brought on by the stresses of this year. I’m constantly tired; feel very weak and cleaning out my cat trays tires me. I’ve left everything I am in this year, my spirituality has suffered and I am trying very hard to move forward but I feel like I am walking through molasses. I am definitely farewelling 2012 with more gusto than usual because next year has to be better right?

I haven’t really made any New Year’s resolutions, the last lot didn’t really come to much, so this year I think I am going to let intuition guide me, follow my spirit as it were, to where I need to be. I do have goals but I think if I try to make them firm “must do’s” then I will probably get nowhere. As it is, I am hanging on and hoping for the best, I’m trying to be more optimistic and positive. 

So I say Farewell 2012, Welcome 2013 – I hope you are a better year than the one I am leaving behind.

To all, Happy New Years, have a great one and remember to be safe!

Comments

  1. I will tell you that you aren't alone! Although it wasn't quite as bad for me, it was rough. The only direction we have to go is up! Best of wishes in the up coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also tell you that you aren't alone too.
    It was a bad year financially, emotionally and health wise for me as well...
    I raise my glass to all of us who have suffered in 2012, and ask the elements to be a lot kinder to us all in 2013.....
    Happy New Year Stacey xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment