Strange Dreams Again

I had a strange dream, in it I had a dog that looked like a husky or wolf type dog, it had electric blue eyes. I gave it a name but then I forgot it and I was asking people what I called the dog again and all I kept getting was Woden and Odin. I gave the dog Schmackos (a.k.a Dog Crack as any owner who gives their dogs these will attest) and it ate them but anyway, the dog was called Woden or Odin which was not the name I gave it originally in the dream.

As much as I understand is an Anglo-Saxan deity, his correspondences are that of Lord of the Wild Hunt, God of Wisdom, Magic and Master of the Runes, psychopomp, shaman and shapeshifter and healer. He has two wolves and two ravens that fly with him. This lead to me discovering the word Haegtessa. It was a rather convoluted researching thing I did. I looked up Woden which lead me to reading about Norse magic and of course it lead me to the word Haegtessa which essentially means hedge rider. I’m not even sure why Woden in a wolf form would be in my dream or if it is something of a symbolic message.

As it turns out Woden (or sometimes Wodan/Wotan) is better known as an Anglo Saxon deity, has a huge amount of places named for him in England. A bunch in Wiltshire – and the connection is made there by the fact that in my maternal line there is a host of ancestors from this region, as well as from other regions I have ancestors.

I was also looking up animal totems and dream symbols and came across a link for finding out which animal totem is aligned with your birth month. It turns out mine is the Falcon, this is the information I found on the site What’s Your Sign:

The Falcon animal totem comes to us when we require higher vision, or higher knowledge in solving current dilemmas in our lives.

The Falcon is a solar emblem for success, victory and rising above a situation.
Further evidence of its solar influence, the Falcon was symbolic of the rising sun in Egypt. It is also the king of all birds where many gods were shown with the head or body of the Falcon (including Ra).
In European tradition, the Falcon represents the huntsman and is associated with the Germanic sky-gods Wodan as well as Frigg and the trickster Loki. In European culture the Falcon is considered a warlike symbol.

At its core, the Falcon animal totem represents visionary power, wisdom, and guardianship. This powerful bird awakens visionary power, and leads you to your life purpose. The Falcon carries with it a message of transition and change - perhaps in your vocation, work, career, etc.

A quick-list of falcon animal totem attributes:

Superiority
Spirit
Light
Power
Focus
Prophecy
Freedom
Aspiration
Intensity
Determination


Falcon animal totems encourage us to calculate and strategize. If we have a goal, Falcons beckon us to make plans and strategies to obtain these goals. Falcons are all about focus - strong, one-pointed focus. When they show themselves to us, we are being called to focus on our desires and our goals, and do what is necessary to bring our desires into our reality.

The fact that the Falcon is a solar creature could mean there is something in your life that you are highly passionate about, and the Falcon is asking you to take action on this passion. But be smart about it - don't jump into something without doing research and planning. Make your passion a reality by pursuing it methodically and as strategically as the Falcon would pursue his hunt.

So the strange thing is that the Falcon represents Wodan. It’s all coming together for whatever reason; I’m not sure what it all means as yet. I’m sure it’ll smack me in the face when I least expect it to.

Comments

  1. Definitely sounds like the Powers That Be are sending you the beginnings of a Message.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment