Saturday, 12 October 2013

Celtic Astrology Pt 2

My animals are the Bear, Fox, Hawk and from another site, the Raven. I’ll be breaking them up into different posts otherwise I’ll end up with this lengthy post!

The Bear

Caution, Healing, Leadership, Inner Knowing, Dreaming, Transformation, Introspection, Solitude.

Image Credit

Bear people are very connected to their ancestral roots. Filled with courage and a sense of adventure. Extremely physical, extroverts. Protection, journeying, and sensitivity to the other world.

The power of the Bear totem is the power of introspection. The answers to all our questions lie within us. Each of us has the capacity to quiet the mind, enter the silence and know. 

Just as the bear hibernates during the winter, people with a Bear totem will be quieter during the winter months.  But they must awaken in the spring and seek whatever opportunities are around them.

When you have a Bear totem, you are being guided to a leadership role. You must be fearless in defending your beliefs.

The Bear also encourages you to exercise your abilities as a natural healer.

Bear thinks his actions through very carefully. He is not quick to judge, but rather thinks deeply about his decisions. When you ask Bear a question or ask for an opinion, you can be sure that he will reply with an informed, well thought out answer.

Bear loves to get his paws into sweet things but even more importantly, Bear lives to feel comfortable and warm. Other people feel cozy with Bear. Bear people are often sleepy and tend to "hibernate" more than others.    

Well this one is a mixed bag of yes and no. Certainly not “a sense of adventure, extremely physical, extroverts”, seriously, the idea of strenuous exercise or anything physical is not me. Ask anyone I know, if they saw me doing anything physically exerting, they’d assume I was being chased by Jason Vorhees or something. My sense of adventure is getting up in the morning, and I’m not especially an extrovert (and I really don’t like fish) but I suppose when it comes to my Craft I am adventurous, always wanting to try new things and new ways of connecting spiritually.

The actual medicine of the bear makes more sense as to who I am as a person. I am connected to my ancestral roots, I find myself learning more about them and feeling my blood be part of the lands they came from. This in part, more so than anything else, has moved my Craft along as I look to the lore of my ancestral lands to help build my practice.

The Bear also encourages you to exercise your abilities as a natural healer”, this makes sense, being a Herbalist I tend to lean toward the healing aspect of my craft (even though I cautiously explore the banes as well) and it something that has become clearer as my path in life.

I would say I’m one to give a considered answer “When you ask Bear a question or ask for an opinion, you can be sure that he will reply with an informed, well thought out answer,” I don’t like not knowing something or sounding like a tool who knows nothing. Also, when some one asks me a question and I don’t know the answer, it arouses my curiosity; I must know the answer and all aspects of said answer before formulating a reply. I can’t help it, I’m a seeker.

Bear lives to feel comfortable and warm. Other people feel cozy with Bear. Bear people are often sleepy and tend to "hibernate" more than others”, did I mentioned getting out of bed in the morning is an adventure? I like to sleep, I’m not a morning person, never have been as far as I can remember. A cosy bed, a comfy pillow and I’m a happy little cub.

Overall there are parts of bear that are me and some that must be for more energetic bears. I’m a solitary, introspective sort who enjoys being alone and quiet most of the time (yes, I know, some people would probably call this ‘antisocial’), I enjoy being a hermitess.      


Sources:

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/
http://www.cornerstone-astrology.com/celtic_birth_signs.php
http://www.ladyoftheearth.com/animals/animals.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment