Sunday, 13 October 2013

Celtic Astrology Pt 3



The Fox 

Magic, Shapeshifting, Invisibility, Elusiveness, Agility, Cleverness, Camouflage

Since the fox lives "between times" -- on the edge of land, visible as dusk and dawn, and can guide the way to the Faerie Realm.

A fox can teach you to control your aura so that you can be more in harmony with others and the world.

If you have a fox totem, learning to be invisible is very important in your life. Imagine yourself blending in with your surroundings, becoming part of the background. Be very still and quiet. Through practice you can be unnoticed even at a party or in a crowd.

A fox totem also teaches good eating habits; the fox eats small amounts frequently which medicine is now telling us is better for our health.

Fox reminds all people to stay in touch with their feminine side. Fox people often have an affinity for faeries, elves, gnomes and other magical creatures of the faerie kingdom.

Fox has a keen sense of small, so you may notice odours more then most people or have a stronger sense of taste that allows you to pick up subtle flavors in foods.

I’ve always liked foxes, felt an affinity, I actually have a fox carcass currently breaking down so that I can keep the skull. Farmers in our area tend to shoot them and leave them on the side of the road so I picked a couple up one day (yes this is the messier aspect of being a witch who aside from being green/hedge, also embraces trad practices). One night we had one in our backyard and it was not afraid of us. It stood there eating some scraps that the birds had spread from the compost, we talked to it, it acknowledged us but did not flee.

I’ve always found foxes to be quite a spiritual animal, magic & shapeshifting are two of the words associated so I suppose that makes sense.

Strangely, as it says above, I do tend to notice real subtle odours that others may not smell, I always thought it was me having a weird quirk but perhaps there is more to it.

Reading the profile, I do tend to blend in when I go to places; I think this is because I am uncomfortable in large, social situations. I can’t be around people for too long because I feel like they’re pressing in on me. I wouldn’t say I’m empathic but the energy of others drains me so quickly. Also, given I have an immune disorder, being around people is a health hazard.

Sources
http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/
http://www.cornerstone-astrology.com/celtic_birth_signs.php
http://www.ladyoftheearth.com/animals/animals.html

No comments:

Post a Comment