Monday, 14 October 2013

Celtic Astrology Pt 4

The Hawk



Power, Magic, Messenger, Perception, Focus, Protection  

Hawk is the messenger, the protector and the visionaries of the Air.

It holds the key to higher levels of consciousness.

This totem awakens vision and inspires a creative life purpose.

A Hawk totem is filled with responsibility because Hawk people seek the overall view. They are aware of omens and spirit messages.

If you have this Totem, you will be aware of and work towards fulfilling your soul's purpose.
It reflects a greater intensity of energy within your life:  physical, emotional, mental and spiritual forces will all be strong within you.

It is associated with the number "14" with the Tarot card Temperance. This card represents the teaching of higher expressions of psychic ability and vision.

Hawk carries a message in his shrill cry which only those with Hawk medicine can decipher. His piercing shriek slices through the shroud of unknowing, asking you to seek the truth. His cry represents illumination in the darkness of ignorance. Hawk will not let your talents and skills go to waste, instead, he will scope out the situation to make sure you use as much of your talents as possible. Hawk can solve a problem by flying above the situation. He removes himself from it, observing it only as a passive viewer. This allows Hawk to see the big picture. Hawk's broad vision allows you to see the past, present and future all laid out before you. Once you are aware of the opportunities in front of you, Hawk will help you to wisely choose your moves to make the best of your potential.

I like hawks, they’re an interesting yet majestic bird. It is strange that I come to this on this day, given my reading for the Week Ahead puts emphasis on creativity and the hawk represents such. The way the description is worded is more about what the hawk can offer more so than my personality but if I have hawk spirit in my life; I think that is a good thing. I think I am moving closer toward what I see as my life’s purpose and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment