Friday, 24 January 2014

Grow Your Blog

Fingers crossed my entry for Grow Your Blog Party wasn't in too late! So a little about myself for those new to this blog. My name is Stacey (a.k.a the Country Witch), I’m I am a herbalist, writer and witch; although if I was to be really specific I would say I am a green path hedge witch. This year has started well for me; I’m quite excited as I am having three articles published in 2014 with others up for consideration. I work with herbs crafting potion and lotions, oils and salves, I share their essence and craft with them. My driving passion is herbs. I think, aside from a childhood filled with fantasy and fairy tales, this is what put me on this path, I have a blog that sporadically documents my herbal interests (I know I need to work on it more). I read tarot and oracle to divine the future as with my herbal and witchcraft interests, I also have a blog for this too.

I have had an interest in witchcraft for the better part of 16 years. With supportive parents, at the age of 13 when I first became interested in witchcraft, I was able to explore that interest and grow in my knowledge. Coming into my twenties I began to study seriously and work toward initiation, I found a tradition to study in, I am now an initiated High Priestess, Elder and Pagan Clergy, although no longer a part of the same tradition. My path diverged quite dramatically from their tenants and beliefs.

I am intense at times, lazy during others. I love to read, to sleep and to write. I am opinionated, conditionally selfish, thoughtful and a book addict. I love to create beautiful gardens, read cards and play with herbs. I’m animal mad, garden mad (I tend to post pictures of my garden quite prolifically), and when not reading, sleeping, writing, being herbal mad or outside, I tend to spend my time cooking.

I love to blog because it is a way to connect with other people. I live in the middle of nowhere so people are few and far between. I’ve met some fantastically wonderful people online, some who I now consider to be good friends. I’m hoping to get to know even more fabulous bloggers across the blogosphere and to basically learn and have a great time.

19 comments:

  1. Good to know more about you. I grow herbs and use them, but always wanted to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Stacey - visiting this morning from Vicki's Grow Your Blog Party (you can uncross your fingers, as you're IN!!!). I am one of her reader/helpers, and you were at the top of my list...SO glad you were (I would have eventually gotten here, but this way, it was so much faster). Have looked around a bit (love the beautiful Herbal Box you got for Christmas), and dropped myself among your Followers - I WILL be back...LOVE this blog. Happy Saturday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting to see so many different blog today. I feel so blessed! Nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facinating blog. I look forward to reading more of your blog in the days to come. Great to have found you via the blog hop. Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fascinating intro. I have been reading about Irish Magick and find it to be a thought provoking topic. I look forward to following your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blog. I am also part of the GYB event and now a follower. I look forward to reading more from you in the future :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacey!

    This is Deb! So very nice to meet you. I too am interested in Witchcraft. Not sure where exactly that will take me but i look forward to browsing your blog. Hope you'll stop by and visit! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your page via Grow Your Blog - and have now signed up to follow your blog - I am also pagan, and really look forward to reading your posts
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings. I got here via GYB, and love the feel of your cottage. I've just started following in hope of brewing something yummy together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stacey,

    I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. The name of your blog caught my eye! Bella and Mojo are both so adorable. I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello fellow witchy lady! Visiting your lovely, well-presented -and even weller (it's a word, honest!) written - blog via 'Grow Your Blog'. Happy to have found you and looking forward to reading more here once I've finished with this hectic hop! Best wishes - Shroo:)x
    www.artyshroo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I found you through the GYB party. Your blog is beautiful and I think we have some interests in common; my Nonna was a Strega and I follow some of her traditions. I'm following you now, hope to see you at my blog.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun intro! I'd love to pop back and take more of a look around your blog. While we might be spiritually further afield, we share a love for gardening I see, and I have no doubt you would be likely to be a wonderful source of help for me when it comes to herbs!! I am clicking on the follow button, and hope you may be brave enough to venture to one of my blogs when you get the chance
    www.the7pillarshome.blogspot.com And. www.countryfragrance.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Sharm. ( Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to meet you, Stacey - still working my way through the GYB party list :)
    I've become a follower so I can keep up with your wonderfully interesting blog x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Stacey, I love it when I find a blog that teaches me something. I had no idea that it was egg shells all crushed up that were used for boundary markers. Your crafting project looks like fun too! Feathers and keys are two of my favorite things. It has been lovely meeting you.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Nice to meet you here. I enjoyed reading our blog. It is always nice to meet new people and to learn new things. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have some very neat things here. Diverse posts.

    Thanks for sharing your blog. I'm slowly working through the list. Mine is about embroidery. Best of luck!

    aprilsongstress

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stacey, Lovely to meet you through GYB. I am a fellow pagan and looking forward to reading more from your blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights with us. Keli x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stacey, I'm visiting from GYB and what an interesting blog you have. I'll be following you and looking forward to reading more.
    Love and best
    RedSetter
    Craft blog http://gonebeading.blogspot.co.uk/
    Cat blog http://pepsimaxaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete