Thursday, 13 February 2014

Blog Direction

I've been thinking about this blog lately and what it means. It's called the Country Witch's Cottage because I am a country witch that lives in a cottage (a country area which is unfortunately currently experiencing some rather unpleasant fires) and because it really represents the style of craft I practice. Simple, country magic with no artifice or complications, intuitive and flowing with no set rule or style. I am a hedgewitch and often times I think probably the more traditional kind - the woman who lives in her cottage with her garden who knows about herbs and how to use them, who works her magic in solitude preferring nature to people, the one who if a neighbour is needing a remedy will make one and give it to them to try - it's who I am. So much so that I've decided to open an Etsy store with this name and will eventually get around to renaming my eBay store (I have to retake images with labels on it with the new name). I felt like I had to tie it all in together because it made more sense and because it is who I am and what I do.

I wanted to write about it because from time to time I will likely write about the things I am selling with links to my stores and I wanted to be absolutely clear that I'm not turning into one of those people who purely use their blogs to plug their products (which is fine for some, no judgements here). It it is more for people who buy from my stores and find themselves coming over to read my blog. As most of you know who have been reading my blog for awhile, I tend to show my processes when I make things. I like to share that information so if anyone buys something from me, they can come over and see what I do and what I'm about. I did use to have a business blog but it got to be a pain to try and keep it updated and for the most part, anything I do make, I tend to do so because it interests me and I incorporate it into my own path.

My blog will still stay the same, me rambling about my spirituality and inundating it with pictures of my garden but it will also include stuff to do with my stores from time to time. It probably won't be that often though. I'm not intending to be a big scale seller, just some one who enjoys making and sharing herbal things and crafts. I do have an Etsy for straight up herbal remedies and herbal stuff but its empty at the moment. I haven't even begun to consider that part of my plan yet. I just wanted to share this with you in case you wondered why I was suddenly posting stuff I have for sale.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started following your blog recently and when I noticed that you were selling things on etsy I personally thought that was cool (I also have to admit that I love the photography you use when selling things). Keep posting the things you make, their awesome!

    -Sarah
    http://littlecloudofsanity.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete