Thursday, 22 January 2015

Grow Your Blog Party 2015 Post

Welcome to The County Witch’s Cottage, my little corner of the blogosphere. My name is Stacey (photo of me on my ‘Who Is’ page), I’m 30 (nearer to 31 really), I’m a witch, herbalist, recently certified nutritionist and tarot enthusiast but before the year is out I think I’ll have many more things to add to that list – I’m a bit of a study nut, I like to learn new things (so among that long list is past life therapy, reiki, holistic skin care products, make up artistry, horticulture and quite possibly digital photography – I’m still deciding on that one). Yep, I’m definitely a little bit learning-mad. I’m a book nut, I have bookshelves that hate me due to the rather large load they have to carry, I collect tarot and oracle decks but only those that speak to me, I’m currently trying to figure out how to perfect the Indian curry to a level that I can eat and I’m in love with Mexican food but because I have a spice sensitivity – Mexican food I can make at home. I love to garden and post more photos of that than anything else. I’m a regular contributor to the Australian Pagan Magazine, which is a wonderful experience (and a great mag for those Aussies out there wanting Australian targeted info). 

I like to make things, so I’m learning how to make soap – my first batch went really well, lathers beautifully - and plan on learning how to weave using a loom (a small one) to see how I go. I’m beginning a new regime of exercise and nutrition in order to become healthier in a way I can manage (I have some autoimmune issues), I’m not entirely happy with where I am health-wise right now and have finally plucked up the energy or perhaps the will to do something about it. I also think that as a herbalist, (possible) nutritionist and individual who is hoping to create a career from those things, it wouldn’t do to not be healthy myself. Since I am not particularly fond of the ‘do as I say not do as I do’ school of thought, I can hardly impart that myself to others.

I also like to use brackets a lot when I write (shameful I know).

I am looking to this year to grow as a person and to finally put my life in order health wise, spiritually and career wise, I wouldn’t say I’ve been aimless but I’ve not funneled any energy into creating the life I want but with the courses I am doing (and have done) and the tiny house I am building (and by 'I am' I mean my stepdad is going to be doing most of the heavy lifting), I’ve slowly started to put the pieces together (gads, I’m finally growing up, what a terrifying prospect).  I’m looking to be fit, healthy, happy, advanced in my spirituality and doing what I love. So I suppose that is what you will find in this blog, the things that I love to do. If you’re at all interested I have a tarot/oracle blog here and a herbal blog here, (although that herbal blog will probably be more focused on my health journey for a while). For my soon-to-be herbal business blog go here (yes it’s pretty much sparse right now….it’s another goal…I have a few). 

In the spirit of all things herbal and lovely, I am offering up as a prize 6 herbal pinches of your choice, posted anywhere in the world. What is a herbal pinch you ask? All the necessary info is HERE as well as a list of the available herbs (go down to the listing description section, that’s where the list of herbs is). The winner will be completely random and hopefully surprised! (Just make sure there is a way I can contact you).

I hope you like my blog, feel free to have a look around, comment or write me an email (email address is in the right hand column under profile image); I’m quite happy to answer any questions and I will definitely be checking out the blogs in the party! 


Herbal Pinch

*Update* I realised I negated to actually put a finish date so I was thinking 25th Feb, it allows a month since the start of the GYB Party and it gives everyone plenty of time to pop by and say hi.

22 comments:

  1. I've been reading your posts for awhile now. The intro today was fun, you seem like a girl I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I spam you with comments this morning? I just popped over and read about your herbal pinch...brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, I'd be happy to read your comments!

      Delete
  3. Hello fellow friend, I to study and enjoy many of the skills that I am sure that you have studied. Love your blog. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stacey, I'm one of Vicki's little helpers for the blog hop party and I'm here to welcome you on her behalf. You are one busy lady and I hope very much that your healtth improves as you'd like it too! Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have made my way here via the GYB party. Love what you're up to and the expansiveness of your interests and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to learn here. I will be back. I'm here from the blog party.
    Sandi
    thevictoriangypsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Im here from the party. I too am dabbling into the art of soap making! I have read a lot about paganism. It def interests me! SO I will love to learn from your posts!

    You can find me over at
    http://sarahsuncensored.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed your blog and laughed at your use of brackets. I do the same and often, too. I thought of the term "Healer, heal thyself" as I read your intro. I think you are on the right path.

    I really enjoyed visiting your blog. It was a genuine breath of fresh air.
    http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from GYB. Interesting reading. I've started following.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Grow Your Blog. This is my year, too, for making my focus good health. Like the idea of your pinches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am here from Vicki's GYB party. What a fascinating read. I put you on my bloglovin feed so I can continue reading.
    Jean in Berlin (French Oddities)

    ReplyDelete
  13. (I also like brackets excessively....no shame!)

    alexis @ cobcottagecraft.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hearing about spiritual journeys. There is so much more than any of us know. :) I've enjoyed my visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stacey! Good to meet you. I'm visiting form the grow your blog party. I can totally relate to the trying to get healthier--that is one of my goals as well. I have a bracket issue too--as well as dashes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post! I am trying to be healthier in 2015 too. I love learning new things and think it is awesome that you made your own soap. :) Thanks for sharing and for the fabulous giveaway. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too would like to be more in know of a spiritual life I will be back to see what is going with you laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to meet you and learn a bit about you. I admire that you are an avid learner and on a quest to get healthier...I am on the same journey.
    I laughed at the brackets comment. I tend to use the three dots WAY too much...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blog, I've been a follower for a while. Had to stop in for the GYB party!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Visiting from GYB. You have an interesting blog, will look at some of your posts on herbals. I am looking to get in better shape this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello from NYC! I'm looking forward to digging deeper into your blog to see all your lovely creations and soap-making exploits. Thanks for joining the blog hop!
    - afistfuloflemons @ gmail.

    ReplyDelete