Oh, There is a World Out There



Well it’s been awhile since my confession about my mental health issues; I haven’t written another blog post for The Country Witch’s Cottage since. The past 6 months have been a bit hectic, a bit stressful – work has been fairly full on and having to be the main financial support in the house hasn’t been easy (but now my Love has a job yay!!) so I basically existed in a work, eat, sleep, repeat mode. Who knew adulting could be so exhausting!

My life has been pretty insular. I’m not extravagantly social or particularly outgoing. My idea of a social outing is to buy groceries and that is about enough people action for me. I think this has been intensified due to the fact that I work in customer service – you pretty much get your fill of people when you have to deal with them day in, day out. When the day is over, all I want to do is sit on my couch and veg. I also dislike summer with an intensity that borders on pathological.

I mean can we talk about the heat over here in SA this summer? It has been like sun decided to come down closer for a holiday and forgetting to dim the heat switch. It has been out of control. There were days upon days over 40C. My poor Love had to work up in the northern-ish part of our state in weather that hit about 50C. Air conditioners basically turned into humidifiers and made the rooms wet rather than cool and my poor garden hung on for grim death, barely surviving. I tell you, the summer of 2018/2019 was borne to mock the heat of hell and laugh at it.

People, don’t come to SA in the summer unless you want to be hot, tired and OVER IT.

Bring on the autumn, we need it.

So my witchy life has been on something of a hiatus. I had done bits and pieces here and there. Wrote lists of things that I want to do, wrote down some recipes but mostly, I’ve not been practicing a whole lot. Think I lost a bit of faith in my ability to witch well. That being said, those that have a claim on me still stand present somewhere behind me, waiting for me to finally get my shit together and begin being more involved with my Craft again.

So watch this space in the near future. I’m crafting new oils, incenses, ointments, making another batch of my famous and well loved kyphi incense and I’m even thinking of branching out into dressing candles. Back when I was a baby witch, candles were my one of my most favourite magical tools. I’d roll them in herbs, inscribe them and set them alight to work their magic. I’ve never fully let go of my candle obsession and I thought, why not combine two of the things I love most? Herbal magic and candle magic. Dressing candles is not anything new I’ll grant you, but it is a lot of fun.

Anyway, more blog posts will come soon on what I’m doing, what I’m crafting and generally what I’m up to. But that is all for now folks….

Comments

  1. Hope SA has some cooler weather soon..and some (not too much at once!) rain. We are at present in NZ, hoping that Australia doesn't send too much of its heatwave over here..awful fires in Tasmania...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer has been terrible. I'm hoping for an early Autumn - but I swear Mother Nature has lost her mind somewhere. Horrendous heat in SA, natural disaster like floods in QLD....

      Delete

Post a Comment