2021.....

 


Wow. It has been a whole year and a half since I wrote on this blog and quite sporadically before that. I cleaned up my blog a little while ago and streamlined it (some of the older, shorter posts were removed) but even while doing that, the passion for writing didn’t really come back. I used to be quite the blogger back in the day, I loved to write and once upon a time imagined that I would some day be a famous, published author. Who knows? That still might happen but time is an issue and I need to become a bit better at managing mine. For those who are new here – my name is Stacey a.k.a The Country Witch’s Cottage; a good overview of me is here or in my about page here. I welcome you to this space and I hope you can find something of interest to read, learn or engage with (or even just enjoy the garden photos). 

So here we are. 2021. The year that was supposed to be an improvement on its psychotic cousin 2020 but it seems crazy runs in the family. Last year was a hell of a year; and life was quite shook up and different. Even on a personal level last year was incredibly full on. I had surgery for my endometriosis (a journey I will one day write more in depth about because it is a really important topic for a lot of women) and there was a lot of emotional weight that came from that. The problem is far from fixed and the surgery, while dealing with a majority of the problem, caused others which, in having as many surgeries as I have for endo, is par for the course. It was not a fun time but I got to the other side of it relatively in one piece.

I no longer work in food; I’ve moved into the exciting world of part-time retail work. It’s less stressful oddly enough than the food industry and it has given me more time to focus on my business. I think if last year taught me anything, it is that I would love for The Country Witch’s Cottage to become my full time job, my career, my passion; I love working with herbs, creating magical items. Last year I started my own subscription boxes called “Practical Witchery”. I chose the name because witchcraft is a practical art and I wanted the boxes to be reflective of that. I wanted to create a box that required witches to get stuck in and create, bringing their own magic to life with their own energy and will. This year I started Sabbat boxes; it is something that I had thought about doing for a long time but never really knew what to do. I thought this year was as good a year to begin that process; the Samhain box is out and on it’s way to my lovely customers so on to the next.

This year I definitely want to branch out more and create. I am planning on making more kyphi, oils, incense blends and candles. I am also looking at diversifying and creating some different kits such as spell kits and ritual kits. I am also going to start selling seeds of plants I love once my currently growing plants go to seed – and yes, my beloved poisons will be among them. I am also considering making ointments again and even selling – in small number – seedlings of herbs. I want to write a couple of small ebooks to sell that compliment products in my shop; and of course, get back to writing on this blog. 

What plans do you have for the speedily passing by 2021? What dreams, passions or hopes do you want to see come to life this year? What seeds are you planting moving forward? As we head toward winter, now is a good time to begin planning for the light half of the year again, creating the groundwork for the coming spring and the future that you envision.

Comments